Acne Scars & Blackheads
Everyone in the world desires to have clear, healthy, and beautiful skin. However, skin discoloration can often get in the way of their wish. Two most common skin problems that people all around the world face are acne scars and blackheads. Acne scars form when there is inflammation in the acne blemishes. On the other hand, clogging in hair follicles on the skin causes blackheads.
To treat these skin conditions, there are several cosmetic products available in the market. However, they are harmful in the long run due to chemical ingredients. Thus, it’s better to use natural ingredients rather than commercial cosmetics. There are several home remedies to treat these types of skin problems easily. Here, we’ll check out 7 homemade facemasks for acne scars and blackheads removal.
Honey & Cinnamon Facemask
Cinnamon and honey possess antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. Thus, their combination helps to remove acne scars and blackheads. Honey also helps to hydrate the skin while lightening the skin tone. Cinnamon makes the skin look plumper and younger by fighting the aging signs.
- 2tsp Honey
- 1tsp Cinnamon Powder
- Add both the ingredients into a small bowl.
- Mix thoroughly to create a smooth and thick paste.
- Apply it all over your face using your fingertips.
- Leave it to dry for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash the facemask off using warm water and pat dry.
- For best results, use this facemask twice or thrice a week.
Milk, Honey, and Turmeric Facemask
This facemask is one of the best solutions for acne scars and blackheads. Raw Milk is an excellent source of lactic acid, which helps to exfoliate the skin and fight aging signs. Turmeric powder contains anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties. Thus, it helps to treat and prevent several skin problems like acne and blemishes. Raw honey provides hydration to the skin while lightening the scars and skin tone.
- 2tsp Raw Milk
- 1tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1tsp Honey
- Add all three ingredients into a small bowl.
- Mix thoroughly to create a smooth and thin paste.
- Apply the paste evenly to your face using a cotton ball.
- Leave it on for 15-20 minutes, and then rinse off using water.
- Use this facemask 3-4 times a week for best results.
Green Tea & Aloe Vera Facemask
Green Tea and Aloe Vera facemask is an excellent remedy for several skin problems. Aloe Vera gel helps to remove acne scars and blemishes. Furthermore, it helps to treat dryness, sunburns, infections, and premature aging signs. On the other hand, green tea contains antioxidants and antibacterial agents. These agents help to unclog the pores to prevent and treat popping blackheads. Also, green tea is an effective cure for acne, aging signs, and skin irritation.
- 2tbsp Freshly Brewed Green Tea
- 2tbsp Aloe Vera Gel
- Add both the ingredients into a small bowl using a spoon.
- Mix thoroughly to create a thin paste.
- Use a cotton ball to evenly apply the mixture all over your face.
- Leave it to dry for 20-25 minutes, and wash off using cold water.
- Use this facemask 3-4 times a week for visible results.
Orange Peel Facemask
Orange Peel Facemask is one of the most popular skincare remedies in the whole world. It contains the goodness of oranges, i.e. vitamin C, antioxidants, and retinol. All these help to exfoliate and rejuvenate the skin to remove acne scars. Furthermore, the vitamin C in orange peel powder helps to form collagen and elastin. Both these proteins help to unclog the pores and remove the blackheads. Thus, this facemask is perfect for people looking for young and good-looking skin.
- 1tbsp Dried Orange Peel Powder
- 1tsp Raw Milk
- Add the two ingredients into a small bowl.
- Mix them thoroughly to create a thick paste.
- Leave it to dry for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash the facemask off using water.
- For visible results, apply this facemask twice or thrice a week.
Turmeric, Yogurt, & Sandalwood Facemask
Turmeric is one of the oldest yet most effective natural skincare remedies. Its antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties help to reduce acne scars. Furthermore, it’s an excellent remedy for psoriasis and skin injuries. Sandalwood oil is quite effective for the removal of blackheads, bruises, and scars. It’s because of sandalwood’s antimicrobial and antibacterial properties. Last but not least, yogurt helps to hydrate, tighten, and rejuvenate the skin.
- 1tsp Turmeric
- 1tbsp Yogurt
- 3 drops Pure Sandalwood Oil
- Add all three ingredients to a small bowl.
- Whisk the ingredients thoroughly to create a smooth paste.
- Apply the facemask evenly to your face using a makeup brush.
- Leave it to dry for 10-15 minutes, and wash the facemask off with cold water.
- Use this facemask twice or thrice a week for visible results.
Bentonite Clay Facemask
Bentonite Clay offers a wide range of benefits to the skin. First, it’s a great remedy for oiliness, acne, and skin damage. This is because of the presence of antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Furthermore, bentonite clay helps reduce the appearance of acne scars by lightening the skin. Also, its facemask helps to remove the blackheads by removing skin impurities.
- 3tbsp Bentonite Clay
- Add 3tbsp of bentonite clay into a small bowl.
- Now add water slowly while mixing the ingredients.
- Stop when bentonite clay turns into a smooth paste, which is neither very thick nor thin.
- Apply the paste all over your face with your fingertips.
- Leave it to dry for 15-20 minutes, and wash off using water.
- For best results, use this facemask twice or thrice every week.
Milk & Honey Facemask
Raw Milk contains lactic acid, vitamins, and protein. All these nutrients help to exfoliate and hydrate the skin. Thus, its application to the face helps to remove blackheads and acne scars. Honey, on the other hand, possesses antiseptic and antibacterial properties. Hence, it protects the skin from dryness, acne, and excess oil. Furthermore, it helps to lighten the scars and unclog the pores to remove blackheads.
- 4tbsp Raw Milk
- 2tbsp Natural Honey
- Add both the ingredients into a small bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Use a cotton ball to apply the mixture all over your face.
- Let it rest for 15-20 minutes, and then wash off using cold water.
- Apply this facemask 2-3 times a week for best results.
So these are the 7 best homemade facemasks to remove acne scars and blackheads. Make sure to apply the facemask on a small skin patch to test for side effects. You can choose the facemask according to the ingredients available at your home. Also, make sure to consume a nutrient-dense diet to keep your skin healthy and young.