Easy Pot Roast Chicken rotisserie style! Incredibly succulent whole chicken all the juicy flavour of classic rotisserie chicken and ready in just one hour. Once you try this recipe it will become your absolute favourite, trust me on this!
You will also love my Braised Chicken Thighs
Post may contain affiliate links. For more information, check my disclosure
Pot roast chicken is my new absolute favorite whole chicken recipe!! Prepare to have your socks knocked off too because this Rotisserie chicken cooks in just one hour.
And not only is it quick by roast chicken standards, it is unbelievably tender and full of juicy flavor. My whole family is totally nuts for this chicken recipe.
DUTCH OVEN CHICKEN
Ever since my Hearty Dutch Oven Beef Stew recipe I have been mad keen on Dutch oven cooking. Not only is it convenient – just one pot to wash! – it seals in all the flavor.
These days one pot chicken usually means using an Instant Pot but trust me it takes the same time more or less to cook in a Dutch Oven. And you get the advantage of the lovely crispy skin that only your oven can provide.
I am very excited to try the new Instant Precision Dutch Oven from the creators of the Instant Pot however. It sounds like the best of both worlds!
Here’s what you will need
In terms of ingredients get the best quality whole chicken you can afford. All you need in addition to that is my blend of herbs and seasonings for your own homemade rotisserie chicken seasoning.
And finally some chicken broth and soy sauce to use as the braising liquid. That’s it! Easy and fuss free roast chicken that’s never dry and flavorless.
HOW TO MAKE POT ROAST CHICKEN
Full measurements and instructions can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page. Please take a look at the steps and video before attempting this recipe!
Preheat the oven to 220°C (430°F). Combine the salt, pepper, brown sugar or Sukrin Gold, paprika, mixed herbs and garlic powder to make your rotisserie seasoning mix. Rub the chicken with the seasoning on both sides.
Pour the broth and soy sauce into your Dutch Oven. Add the chicken to the pot, breast side down. Roast for 40-45 minutes.
Remove the lid and use two forks to carefully turn the chicken over so it is breast side up. Return to the oven and cook uncovered for another 15 minutes or until the skin is golden.
Rest the chicken for 10-15 minutes loosely covered with foil then slice and serve with your favorite side dishes.
RECIPE TIPS AND NOTES
- It’s always best to check the temperature of roast chicken to make sure it is cooked to perfection. Use a instant read digital thermometer and check the internal temperature on the thickest part of the breast is 180°F (82°C).
- Another indicator that your chicken is done is when the juices run clear.
- Make sure your pot lid is tight otherwise the liquid will evaporate and the chicken will be dry.
- Use any leftovers to make my Crack Chicken Soup or Chicken And Bacon Pasta Bake.
- Use the chicken carcass to make stock. Simply add to your slow cooker together with celery sticks, bay leaves, carrots and two tablespoons apple cider vinegar and cover with water. Cook on low for 8-12 hours. Or use your Instant Pot and cook on high pressure for 90 minutes allowing for natural release.
- The cooking liquid can be turned into a quick gravy. Simply add cornstarch slurry (1 tsp cornstarch mixed with 1 tbsp cold water) and bring the pot to the boil on the stove. Lower the heat and simmer gently until it thickens.
Absolutely delicious served with my Greek Lemon Potatoes, quick Smashed Greek potatoes , Keto Brussels Sprouts, hard to resist Goose Fat Roast Potatoes, easy Braised Red Cabbage, healthy New Potato Salad or this Grilled corn avocado salad.
Pot Roast Chicken Rotisserie Style!
Pot Roast Chicken rotisserie style! Incredibly succulent whole chicken all the juicy flavour of classic rotisserie chicken and ready in just one hour. Once you try this recipe it will become your absolute favourite, trust me on this!
The cooking liquid can be turned into a quick gravy. Simply add cornstarch slurry (1 tsp cornstarch mixed with 1 tbsp cold water) and bring the pot to the boil on the stove. Lower the heat and simmer gently until it thickens.
Calories: 430kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 143mg | Sodium: 2033mg | Potassium: 487mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 846IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 3mg