Easy Cinnamon Swirls – just a handful of ingredients and you can make delicious puff pastry cinnamon rolls! Perfect for breakfast or as a treat.
You will also love my Easy Cinnamon Roll Cake
Post may contain affiliate links. For more information, check my disclosure
We all love cinnamon rolls and freshly baked pastries but they take quite a bit of time and effort. Sometimes you want a sweet treat and you want it RIGHT NOW which is where these easy cinnamon swirls come in!
You just need a handful of ingredients and a few minutes to throw these simple puff pastry cinnamon rolls together.
It is such a simple and easy recipe that you can throw it together with your eyes closed practically.
Here’s what you will need
Using (unflavoured!!) dental floss is by far the best way to cut cinnamon rolls neatly. Failing that you can use a sharp knife.
- Ready rolled puff pastry (Jus Roll Pastry)
- Softened butter, cinnamon, sugar and salt for the filling
- Beaten egg to brush on the pastries
- icing sugar, vanilla and water to make a quick glaze
How to make cinnamon swirls
Full measurements and instructions can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page. Please take a look at the steps and video before attempting this recipe!
Preheat the oven to 190°c (375°F). Mix the softened butter, sugar, cinnamon and salt until you have a soft spreadable paste.
Unroll the puff pastry, keeping it on the paper it came wrapped in. Gently spread the filling over the pastry in an even thin layer, leaving a small gap on one end. Brush the edge with a little beaten egg and press to seal.
Roll the pastry, starting from the shortest edge, using the paper to help you, into a log.
Slice the log into nine equal pieces using a sharp knife or dental floss (unflavoured!).
Place slightly apart on baking paper (or a reusable liner) and flatten slightly. Brush with the egg wash and sprinkle with pear sugar, if using.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cinnamon swirls are golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Mix the ingredients for the glaze together and drizzle over the cinnamon swirls. Serve slightly warm with a cup of coffee or tea.
Recipe notes and tips
- Take the puff pastry out of the fridge to soften slightly before unrolling.
- Don’t be tempted to add too much filling as the butter will melt and leak out of the pastries.
- Make sure to seal the edge of the pastry roll before slicing otherwise your cinnamon swirls can lose their shape while baking.
- Keep in an airtight container for up to two days reheating the microwave before serving.
You will also like…
Calories: 257kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 77mg | Potassium: 34mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 182IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg